Sunday

BEST, JUST BEST


I came across Carl Burgess' video for Ratatat's Drugs via The Art Fag and can't get over how wonderfully weird it is for a music-video. I wasn't that familiar with Burgess' work, but I'm now hooked (and on another note, his website is amazing too). Such a subtle and seemingly simple way to play with stock images. The strange Getty collection of zombie smiles and creepy Santas is made weirder against the electro-beats of Ratatat. Moreso, that lighting, the outfits and the backdrop is just all so hyper-generic against the synthetic sounds. Here is an interview with Burgess from Fast Code Design if you want to read more (image courtesy of Fast Code's site).

PS: I'm reading The Catcher in the Rye for my first time and just kept thinking of Holden Caulfield spouting about these phonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment